Friday, September 26, 2014

Chicken pasta with Ragu sauce

Hello everyone,
It has been a very hard and busy week but I managed to cook some delicious and fast dinner for my family. I HATE cooking! I do not like to cook because I think I am bad at it and because I get burned a lot, I don’t see how other people say “oh I find it relaxing to cook”. I mean for me it is not relaxing at all because I am watching the food that’s on the skillet so it doesn’t burn while I cut the onions and making sure the pasta is not overcooked! Wow talk about multitasking!
Well here is one of the dishes I cooked this week because it was fast, easy and everyone liked it; if you guys want to try it here is what I did.  (Family of 5)
THINGS YOU’LL NEED
1 Pasta (any kind or the one you and your family like the most)
4-5 Chicken breasts (I always buy the skinless and boneless)
1-2 Ragu white pasta sauce
Herbs, garlic, water or chicken broth, optional.
Fist I boil the chicken along with some herbs  in some chicken broth because that is the one that takes most of the time, after the chicken is ready I put it in the freezer for a few minutes so it is not burning hot when I try and shred it.
I then boil the water for the pasta in another pot until al dente and drain it. Take chicken out and shred all of it. Stir in pasta, chicken and sauce while it is simmering and a small amount of butter.
All done! I like mine simple like in the picture but you could add anything you or your family likes such as finely chopped peppers, parsley, tomato, onions and lettuce. Sprinkle some grated cheese on top and you have a good meal.  




No comments:

Post a Comment